RedArts is the major representative body for arts in Redland City, QLD, Australia.
It is run by a committee of volunteers.
- To promote and use the arts for the benefit of the community.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide Arts projects for the community where there is a perceived need.
- To work with and support individuals and organisations in the community in facilitating Arts projects and events.
- To provide professional development for Redlands creative practitioners.
You will receive a newsletter confirmation email from RedArts. If you have not received it in about 10 minutes, please check your junk mail and if there, mark the email as NOT SPAM. If you are using Gmail, please also check the Promotions tab and if there, click on the email and drag it to Primary tab.
- President – Andrea Smith: president (at) redarts.org.au
- Secretary – Carolyn Hoernel: secretary (at) redarts.org.au
- Vice President: Karen Henderson: admin (at) redarts.org.au
- Treasurer – Lecil Babano: admin (at) redarts.org.au
- Art By The Boardwalk – Jean Martin: abtb (at) redarts.org.au
- Josephine Ellis: admin (at) redarts.org.au
- Daniel Bunce: admin (at) redarts.org.au
RedArts (Redlands Arts Council) was established in November 1991 as a branch of the Queensland Arts Council (now Artslink Queensland) becoming incorporated in 1995. The organisation is run by a volunteer management board elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting held in February each year. It continues to operate under the umbrella of Artslink Queensland receiving benefits including Public Liability insurance cover for our events and activities. We are one of a number local arts councils (LAC’s) supporting community arts across Queensland. RedArts supports and promotes the arts and cultural activities in the Redland City for the benefit of the whole community. It works to enhance the social and economic development of the district, and nurtures the rapidly growing arts community by providing opportunities of exposure for performing and visual artists. RedArts assists individuals and organisations in collaborating and facilitating arts projects. It arranges workshops, exhibitions, performances and cultural events including festivals. These have included
- the BA-LONN Community Arts Festival,
- the popular “Classics Close Up” concert series from 2005,
- the RAC Jazz Tent, gallery and artist workshops at the Redland Redfest Spring Festival,
- many exhibitions, workshops, and the ten year project for Senior Citizens Week, a Seniors Photographic Tribute Exhibition
In 2013 RedArts presented the Ignite Redlands Light Arts Festival as part of Artslink’s State wide Animating Spaces project. 2014 saw the establishment of the first Redlands Ukulele Festivals held in June each year. The Redland City Council Mayor and RAC have collaborated for many years in presenting firstly the “Lady Mayoress Charity Ball” (7yrs); the “Redlands Spectacular” (6yrs); and until 2012 “Redlands on Stage” which showcased professional, local and emerging artists, and supported the work of RedArts and the Redland Eisteddfod. Auspicing individual artists and groups and assisting with their arts grant applications is also another aspect of RedArt’s work. RedArts has also focused on providing opportunities for youth in the Arts; musicians, dancers, painters, poets, writers and photographers. Young emerging artists have been assisted with their studies within Australia and overseas through our Young Emerging Artist Grant Fund which has been particularly gratifying for the RedArts board.